This series is a mix of patches that change the output of run_tests.sh
and x86-run.  The output of ./run_tests.sh now looks like this:

> PASS apic (14 tests, 0 unexpected failures)
> PASS ioapic (19 tests, 0 unexpected failures)
> PASS smptest (1 tests, 0 unexpected failures)
> PASS smptest3 (1 tests, 0 unexpected failures)
> PASS vmexit_cpuid
> PASS vmexit_vmcall
> PASS vmexit_mov_from_cr8
> PASS vmexit_mov_to_cr8
> PASS vmexit_inl_pmtimer
> PASS vmexit_ipi
> PASS vmexit_ipi_halt
> PASS vmexit_ple_round_robin
> PASS access
> skip smap (0 tests, 0 unexpected failures)
> skip pku (0 tests, 0 unexpected failures)
> PASS emulator (132 tests, 0 unexpected failures, 1 skipped)
> PASS eventinj (13 tests, 0 unexpected failures)
> PASS hypercall (2 tests, 0 unexpected failures)
> PASS idt_test (4 tests, 0 unexpected failures)
> PASS msr (13 tests, 0 unexpected failures)
> PASS pmu (67 tests, 0 unexpected failures, 1 expected failures)
> PASS port80
> PASS realmode
> PASS s3
> PASS sieve
> PASS tsc (3 tests, 0 unexpected failures)
> PASS tsc_adjust (5 tests, 0 unexpected failures)
> PASS xsave (17 tests, 0 unexpected failures)
> PASS rmap_chain
> skip svm (0 tests, 0 unexpected failures)
> skip svm-disabled (0 tests, 0 unexpected failures)
> skip taskswitch (i386 only)
> skip taskswitch2 (i386 only)
> PASS kvmclock_test
> PASS pcid (3 tests, 0 unexpected failures)
> skip vmx (0 tests, 0 unexpected failures)
> PASS debug (7 tests, 0 unexpected failures)
> qemu-kvm: Property '.hv-synic' not found
> skip hyperv_synic (failed $(echo quit | $qemu -enable-kvm -cpu kvm64,hv_synic
> -device hyperv-testdev -monitor stdio > /dev/null))

I don't like it too much, but it still seems like an improvement.

The main difference is in extra information for tests using
report_summary(), that smap and pku tests don't fail, pmu test isn't
completely skipped, and svm, vmx, and hyperv_synic are skipped.

The old one looked like this:

> PASS apic
> PASS ioapic
> PASS smptest
> PASS smptest3
> PASS vmexit_cpuid
> PASS vmexit_vmcall
> PASS vmexit_mov_from_cr8
> PASS vmexit_mov_to_cr8
> PASS vmexit_inl_pmtimer
> PASS vmexit_ipi
> PASS vmexit_ipi_halt
> PASS vmexit_ple_round_robin
> PASS access
> FAIL smap
> FAIL pku
> PASS emulator
> PASS eventinj
> PASS hypercall
> PASS idt_test
> PASS msr
> skip pmu (/proc/sys/kernel/nmi_watchdog not equal to 0)
> PASS port80
> PASS realmode
> PASS s3
> PASS sieve
> PASS tsc
> PASS tsc_adjust
> PASS xsave
> PASS rmap_chain
> PASS svm
> PASS svm-disabled
> skip taskswitch (i386 only)
> skip taskswitch2 (i386 only)
> PASS kvmclock_test
> PASS pcid
> PASS vmx
> PASS debug
> qemu-kvm: Property '.hv-synic' not found
> PASS hyperv_synic

Radim Krčmář (6):
  lib/report: allow test skipping
  x86/*: report that the test was skipped
  x86/pmu: expect failure with nmi_watchdog
  run_tests: generalize check
  x86/hyperv_synic: check for support before testing
  run_tests: print summary

 lib/libcflat.h     |  1 +
 lib/report.c       | 43 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--------------
 run_tests.sh       | 35 ++++++++++++++++++-----------------