On 06/17/2009 06:41 PM, Fischer, Anna wrote:
It still does not answer my question on why I only see low CPU utilization
numbers with the e1000 virtual device model. There is no network stalling or
packet drops or any other obvious issues when running with that model, but I am
still seeing low CPU utilization numbers. What is preventing KVM here to use
more of the host CPU capacity when the host is not doing anything else but run
virtual machines? Is there any way that I can get higher CPU utilization out of
KVM?

A missing wakeup might cause this, but I really have no idea how we can trace the cause.