On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 6:24 PM, Chris Webb<ch...@arachsys.com> wrote:
> You want
>
>  -net nic,vlan=0 -net tap,vlan=0,ifname=tap11 -net nic,vlan=1 -net
> tap,vlan=1,ifname=tap12

Progress!  This works, I can bring up the guest and watch it boot, but
both of its NICs came up bound to the first bridge on the system.

I can work around that using 'brctl delif' and 'brctl addif' on the
host system, but how would I automate it so that, say, tap11 always
goes to br1, and tap12 always goes to br0?  I guess by taking out the
brctl in the kvm ifup script, and pre-setting all my bridge/tap
connections?

I think that brctl command in the kvm-ifup script is a (distro) bug.