----- "Yolkfull Chow" <yz...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 06:30:14PM -0400, Michael Goldish wrote:
> >
> > ----- "Lucas Meneghel Rodrigues" <l...@redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > > On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 7:15 AM, Michael
> Goldish<mgold...@redhat.com>

> one
> > > of
> > > binary

> works
> > > as
> not
> > > too

> Hi Michael, so far rss works wonderful on remote login a VM and
> execute some simple commands. But can we expect extend the facility
> enable it support some telnet commands, like 'wmic' ? We did need
> such
> commands which is used for collecting guest hardware information.

I wasn't aware of wmic, but now that I tried running it, it appears to
be one of those programs, like netsh and ftp, that behave badly when
run outside an actual console window.
In the case of netsh and ftp there are easy workarounds but wmic seems
to hang no matter what I do.
AFAIK, it doesn't work with SSH servers either, including openSSH
under cygwin.
I wonder how it works under telnet but it'll be difficult to find out
because I don't have the MS telnet source code.

I'll start looking for a solution/workaround.