On 09/16/2009 04:09 PM, Jiri Zupka wrote:

----- "Dor Laor"<dl...@redhat.com>  wrote:

On 09/15/2009 09:58 PM, Jiri Zupka wrote:
After a quick review I have the following questions:
1. Why did you implement the guest tool in 'c' and not in python?
    Python is much simpler and you can share some code with the
server.
    This 'test protocol' would also be easier to understand this
way.

We need speed and the precise control of allocate memory in pages.

2. IMHO there is no need to use select, you can do blocking read.

We replace socket communication by interactive program communication
via ssh/telnet

3. Also you can use plain malloc without the more complex ( a bit)
mmap.

We need address exactly the memory pages. We can't allow shift of
the data in memory.

You can use the tmpfs+dd idea instead of the specific program as I
detailed before. Maybe some other binary can be used. My intention is
simplify the test/environment as much as possible.

We need compatibility with others system, like Windows etc..
We want to add support for others system in next version

KSM is a host feature and should be agnostic to the guest.
Also I don't think your code will compile on windows...