On 10/04/2009 10:59 AM, Jan Kiszka wrote:
Hi,

while preparing new IOCTLs to let user space query&  set the yet
unaccessible NMI states (pending and masked) I also came across the
interrupt shadow masks. Unless I missed something I would say that we so
far break them in the rare case that a migration happens right while any
of them is asserted. So I guess I should extend my interface and stuff
them in as well.

Do we have more of such unaccessible states on x86 that could be
included, too? Would be a good chance...

There's some hidden state in the cpuid mechanism. I think we expose it though (just don't use it in qemu).

The PDPTRs are hidden state that we should save/restore, though no sane guest relies on them.

I think we can lose information if we migrate during a SIPI (sipi_vector), though that might be fixable without exposing it.

We'll might also lost debug traps.

We drop pending exceptions; normally that's fine since they'll reinject themselves, but MCE will not.