On 10/21/2009 03:46 PM, Uri Lublin wrote:
On 10/21/2009 12:37 PM, Amos Kong wrote:
On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 09:19:50AM -0400, Michael Goldish wrote:
----- "Dor Laor"<dl...@redhat.com>  wrote:
On 10/15/2009 11:48 AM, Amos Kong wrote:
For the sake of safety maybe we should start both VMs with -snapshot.
Dor, what do you think?  Is it safe to start 2 VMs with the same disk
image
when only one of them uses -snapshot?

Setup the second VM with -snapshot is enough. The image can only be
R/W by 1th VM.

Actually, I agree with Michael. If both VMs use the same disk image, it
is safer to setup both VMs with "-snapshot". When the first VM writes to
the disk-image the second VM may be affected.

That's a must. If only one VM uses -snapshot, its base will get written and the snapshot will get obsolete.