On 10/26/2009 12:42 PM, Michael Tokarev wrote:
Oh yes, without ept/npt the slowdown should indeed be significant with this much memory.

How it is with 4Gb guest/mem without PAE (I mean, with CONFIG_HIGHMEM_4G=y)?
Or even 2Gb?  In case of npt or without.

It'll be slow.  Just use x86_64 with > 1GB.

Can we construct a sort of a table of expected slowdowns (not in numbers
but just in terms "significant", "minor" etc) of running <4Gb or >4Gb
(and <1Gb and >1Gb if that makes significant diffencece) 32bit guests
with and without npt and 64bit guests, please?  I guess it's quite
interesting to many users.

These tables will be useless, it greatly depends on workload.