* Danny ter Haar <d...@dth.net> [2009-10-29 13:38]:
> Update:
> I compiled/installed 2.6.32-rc5-git3 on this machine
>
> I manually start kvm:
>
> vhost1:~# kvm -m 512 -cdrom  /vz/template/iso/debian-503-amd64-netinst.iso
>
> The bootscreen comes up, i hit enter to install and i get these messages
> (copied from dmesg)
>
> handle_exception: unexpected, vectoring info 0x80000010 intr info 0x80000b0d
> handle_exception: unexpected, vectoring info 0x8000000d intr info 0x80000b0d
> [this line is repeated many times:
> dmesg |grep 0x80000b0d | wc -l
> 570 ]
> and finally before ending the kvm session i get:
> vmx_handle_exit: unexpected, valid vectoring info (0x8000000d) and exit
> reason is 0x80000021

I've seen that in a couple places.  I don't think we have root cause,
but in at least one situation (running win2k3 with > 4G of ram) the
work around was to use:

   -cpu pentium3

This relates to what cpu features are exported in the virtual processor,
so if this helps it's masking the real issue, but hopefully can
help narrow down what we have to look at.

--
Ryan Harper
IBM Corp., Austin, Tx