On 10/30/2009 02:23 PM, Chris Lalancette wrote:
In the meantime, I've gotten the "set_irq from IRQ context" that Avi suggested
working, and the fixing up of this IOAPIC check is the last bit to actually get
kdump working.

There are two problems with that:

- kvm_set_irq() calls some notifiers (irq_mask_notifiers, at least, but possibly more); need to make sure those are safe from irq context - kvm_set_irq() will loop on all vcpus, usually incurring a cache miss or two; with large vcpu counts this can make the irq-off time quite large, hurting our worst-case latency

we can defer the second problem since it's only a performance issue, but how did you deal with the first?