Gordan Bobic wrote:
Lastly, do you use cache=wb on qemu? it's just a fun mode, we use cache=off only.

I don't see the option being set in the logs, so I'd guess it's whatever qemu-kvm defaults to.

You can set this through libvirt by putting an element such as the following within your <disk> element:

      <driver name='qemu' type='qcow2' cache='none'/>

(Setting the type is preferred to avoid security issues wherein a guest writes an arbitrary qcow2 header to the beginning of a raw disk, reboots and allows qemu's autodetection to decide that this formerly-raw disk should now be treated as a delta against a file they otherwise might not have access to read; as such, it's particularly important if you intend that the type be raw).