On 12/22/2009 05:36 PM, Alexander Graf wrote:

Is there a way to trap this and fprintf something?
I don't think so. KVM will just trap on execution outside of RAM and
either fail badly or throw something bad into the guest. MMIO access
works by analyzing the instruction that accesses the MMIO address. That
just doesn't work when we don't have an instruction to analyze.

We could certainly extend emulate.c to fetch instruction bytes from userspace. It uses ->read_std() now, so we'd need to switch to ->read_emulated() and add appropriate buffering.