On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 8:33 PM, Zachary Amsden <zams...@redhat.com> wrote:
> What's your host CPU load get up to.  You only have a single core?

Dual core.

If I only run a single Windows VM, the host load is pretty low. Sure
it goes up a bit when for example copying a file, but it's nothing
serious. It's not getting hammered in any way.

> Including -rtc-td-hack ?

Yup, tried that as per suggested by one of the #kvm users. Didn't fix
it. But come to think of it, I didn't change any of the other options.
Should I have dropped -localtime and/or -tdf options? I will try again
tomorrow.

> As always, make sure you are running the latest and greatest modules, those
> matter even more than the kernel, and check for any warning messages in
> dmesg and qemu output.

But don't the latest kvm modules come with the kernel? So if I compile
a new kernel, the kvm modules should be updated too, yes?

I will try the latest qemu-kvm.

/Thomas