On 05/14/2010 09:24 PM, Andrej Podzimek wrote:
Hello,

when I enable Intel TXT (Trusted Execution Technology) in the BIOS settings of my Lenovo W510, the kvm-intel module does not load and says 'kvm: disabled by bios', despite the fact that both VT-x and VT-d are enabled. Disabling TXT enables hardware virtualization and kvm-intel works as expected.

Are VT-[xd] and TXT supposed to be mutually exclusive? Or could it be a BIOS bug?

Running kvm under txt needs special support in the kernel; it will be available in 2.6.35.