On Wed, 2010-05-19 at 17:20 +0800, Jason Wang wrote:
> This patch could let the unattended installation to be done through
> the following method:
>
> - cdrom: the original method which does the installation from cdrom
> - url: installing the linux guest from http or ftp, tree url was specified
> through url
> - nfs: installing the linux guest from nfs. the server address was
> specified through nfs_server, and the director was specified through
> nfs_dir
>
> For url and nfs installation, the extra_params need to be configurated
> to specify the location of unattended files:
>
> - If the unattended file in the tree is used, "extra_parmas= append
>   ks=floppy" and unattended_file params need to be specified in the
>   configuration file.
> - If the unattended file located at remote server is used,
>   unattended_file option must be none and "extram_params= append
>   ks=http://xxx"; need to be speficied in the configuration file and
>   don't forget the add the finish nofitication part.
>
> The --kernel and --initrd were used directly for the network
> installation instead of the tftp/bootp param because the user mode
> network is too slow to do this.

Hi Jason, I had reviewed your patchset, implemented the suggestions I
pointed out, and I have one more thing we need to work out before we
commit this - We absolutely need to provide examples on the config file,
decently commented. So, could you please provide examples:

 * HTTP install using remote kickstart
 * NFS install using local kickstart

And re-send the patchset? I will send the patchset with my modifications
directly to you and will wait on your follow up.

Thanks!