On 07/12/2010 05:41 PM, Gleb Natapov wrote:

A good way to do this is to add a segment variable to 'struct
operand', and doing all the base adjustment at the end (instead of
up front as we do now).  That means we'll have the minimum number of
places to add checks to.
->read_emulated(), ->write_emulated() get liner address as a parameter
and know nothing about 'struct operand'. Luckily emulator.c has only one
call for each one of them, so segment checking can be done there just
before call to the functions.

I'd prefer a new helper (with an additional parameter) so that if a new call is added, we don't need to change anything.