On 10/14/2010 01:28 PM, Gleb Natapov wrote:
On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 01:11:20PM +0200, Avi Kivity wrote:
>   On 10/14/2010 12:29 PM, Gleb Natapov wrote:
>  >On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 12:27:15PM +0200, Avi Kivity wrote:
>  >>    On 10/10/2010 05:46 PM, Gleb Natapov wrote:
>  >>   >>
>  >>   >>    We should log both errno and exit_reason.  If we want to be
clever,
>  >>   >>    we can display strerror(errno) if it's nonzero, and exit_reason
>  >>   >>    otherwise (easy to do in a trace-cmd plugin).
>  >>   >>
>  >>   >For starters we should remove KVM_EXIT_INTR exit reason. Looking into
>  >>   >qemu-kvm history it was never used and there is at least one code path
>  >>   >that returns -EINTR and does not set KVM_EXIT_INTR, so exit_reason
field
>  >>   >contains stale info on exit.
>  >>   >
>  >>
>  >>   The two issues are unrelated.
>  >>
>  >So what do you propose? I see no issue with my original patch.
>
>  Record both errno and exit_reason.  While they're never both valid
>  at the same time, they're both necessary.

If they can't be valid at the same time, why not record one of them?

If you record just one, you don't know if the other one happened.

The
one that happened? Also any error other then -EINTR will cause qemu to
stop, so it is not very interesting. And ioctl return value can be
traced by strace anyway.

You can't correlate it with ftrace.