On 11/24/2010 06:12 PM, Gleb Natapov wrote:

>  Why would we specify a PIIX3 device based on a configuration file?
>  There is only one PIIX3 device in the world.  I don't see a lot of
>  need to create arbitrary types of devices.

Why deny this flexibility from those who need it for modelling
different HW?

The various components exist and can be reused.

Besides, as I said, PIIX3 is ISA bridge and this
is what class should implement.

Isn't it an ISA bridge + a few ISA devices?

We have fw_cfg on ISA bus too
which does not exits on real HW and we may want to have other
devices. We should be able to add them without changing PIIX3
class.

fw_cfg should certainly not be a member of PIIX3.