sr-iov also meet this problem, MSIX mask waste a lot of cpu resource.

I test kvm with sriov, which the vf driver could not disable msix.
so the host os waste a lot of cpu.  cpu rate of host os is 90%.

then I test xen with sriov, there ara also a lot of vm exits caused by
MSIX mask.
but the cpu rate of xen and domain0 is less than kvm. cpu rate of xen
and domain0 is 60%.

without sr-iov, the cpu rate of xen and domain0 is higher than kvm.

so i think the problem is kvm waste more cpu resource to deal with MSIX mask.
and we can see how xen deal with MSIX mask.

if this problem sloved, maybe with MSIX enabled, the performace is better.