Luiz Capitulino <lcapitul...@redhat.com> writes:

> On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 09:37:57 +0800
> Lai Jiangshan <la...@cn.fujitsu.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi, Luiz Capitulino
>>
>> Any problem?
>
> Sorry for the delay. Looks good in general to me know, there's only one
> small problem and it's the error message:
>
>   (qemu) nmi 100
>   Parameter 'cpu-index' expects a CPU number
>   (qemu)
>
> I would expect that kind of error message when no CPU number is
> provided, but in the case above the CPU number is provided but it
> happens to be invalid. Why?

This is not Lai Jiangshan's fault.  It's what
QERR_INVALID_PARAMETER_VALUE reports.  The current design of QError
makes it hard to do better.

"expects a valid CPU number" could be done, if you think that's better.

> By the way, please add an introductory email with proper changelog
> when submitting series/patches, so that it's easier to review.

Also make sure the parts are threaded together properly with In-Reply-To
and References headers, because that helps e-mail readers to keep the
parts together.  Lack of threading is annoying, and annoying reviewers
intentionally would be rude :)

Suggested workflow:

git-format-patch --cover-letter -ns ...
look over patch files, edit the cover letter to taste
git-send-email --to qemu-de...@nongnu.org 0*.patch