* Pekka Enberg <penb...@kernel.org> wrote:

> Sorry for the bikeshedding but wouldn't it be better to follow Git's lead and
> have something like
>
>   kvm config MyInstance-1 --set debug.io.delay.ms 100
>
> and
>
>   kvm config MyInstance-1 --list

Yeah, agreed - 'kvm config' is intuitive. I tried to think of something better
than 'kvm set' but failed.

 ( And no, being super diligent with high level, very user visible changes and
   names is not bikeshed painting. )

Note that 'git config' touches the .gitconfig IIRC - while here we really also
want to include runtime, dynamic configuration - but i think that distinction
is fine.

Now the whole 'kvm config' thing needs more thought and the whole enumeration
of KVM instances needs to be well thought out as well. How do we list instances
- 'kvm list' - or should perhaps 'kvm config' list all the currently running
instances?

Thanks,

        Ingo