On 07/03/2011 04:36 PM, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
On 07/02/2011 03:50 PM, Hannes Reinecke wrote:
(And no, I will not getting into another dog-fight with Paul B. here.
Virtio can do without bounce buffers. AHCI can. So I fail to see why
SCSI has to rely on bounce buffers.)

I agree, but I do see why a SCSI device might prefer to rely on
bounce buffers for non-I/O commands. This is why in my last RFC
series for vmw_pvscsi I let the device choose whether to force a
bounce buffer or get an external iovec from the HBA.

Yes, sure, for non-I/O commands it's perfectly okay.
Most of which will be emulated anyway.
It's bounce buffers for I/O which kills performance.

But I seem to have missed your last RFC (I'm not reading qemu-devel on a regular basis ...).
Care to send me a pointer to it?

Cheers,

Hannes
--
Dr. Hannes Reinecke                   zSeries & Storage
h...@suse.de                          +49 911 74053 688