On 07/13/2011 11:02 AM, Pekka Enberg wrote:
On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 10:07 AM, Avi Kivity<a...@redhat.com>  wrote:
>  - the writes are such high frequency that we gain something from the
>  queueing is happens when we thread work.  That's where the gain for serial
>  console can come from - though it would be better to just use virtio-serial
>  instead.

We'd like to keep 8250 emulation because it's the most robust method
for getting data out of the kernel when there's problems. It's also
compatible with earlyprintk and such.

What do you hope to gain from the optimization? 100ms less boot time?

btw, it likely needs read support, if any read can depend on a previous write.