On 08/26/2011 08:32 AM, ya su wrote:
hi,Avi:

     I met the same problem, tons of hpet vm_exits(vector 209, fault
address is in the guest vm's hpet mmio range), even I disable hpet
device in win7 guest vm, it still produce a larget amount of vm_exits
when trace-cmd ;  I add -no-hpet to start the vm, it still has HPET
device inside VM.

     Does that means the HPET device in VM does not depend on the
emulated hpet device in qemu-kvm? Is there any way to disable the VM
HPET device to prevent so many vm_exits?  Thansk.

Looks like a bug to me.

signature is too narrow to contain.