Hi,

The hypervisor is RHEL6, and the guest OS is SUSE Enterprise Linux 11
SP1. One disk is passed to the guest OS via virtio interface as the
system drive, and its name is /dev/vda. Today I found the guest OS
hung. I couldn't do operation in VNC desktop. However, I could access
the virtual serial console of the guest. In the console, most of
commands couldn't be issued, and in the "mount" command I couldn't
find the disk /dev/vda.  But I found these messages:

After the udevadm settle timeout, the events queue contains:
527: /devices/virtio-pci/virtio2
528: /devices/virtio-pci/virtio3
Trying manual resume from /dev/vda1
After the udevadm settle timeout, the events queue contains:
527: /devices/virtio-pci/virtio2
528: /devices/virtio-pci/virtio3
resume device /dev/vda1 not found (ignoring)
Trying manual resume from /dev/vda1
After the udevadm settle timeout, the events queue contains:
527: /devices/virtio-pci/virtio2
528: /devices/virtio-pci/virtio3
resume device /dev/vda1 not found (ignoring)
Waiting for device /dev/vda2 to appear:
..............................Could not find /dev/vda2.
Want me to fall back to /dev/vda2? (Y/n)
Waiting for device /dev/vda2 to appear: ..............................not found

It seemed that the guest OS couldn't access /dev/vda, then the problem
occurred. But in the hypervisor, I couldn't find anything abnormal for
the disk. I could use this disk normally.
After restarting the guest OS, everything is OK.

Is this problem related to the guest OS itself, or is there a bug in
QEMU? Have you ever met this problem that some drives in the guest OS
were lost unexpectedly?

Thanks,
Paul