On 11 December 2011 23:01, Jan Kiszka <jan.kis...@web.de> wrote:
> Enabling in-kernel irqchips usually means "switching worlds". So the
> semantics of these particular IRQ inject interface details may change
> without breaking anything.
>
> However, things might look different if there will be a need to inject
> also the CPU IRQs directly, not only the irqchip inputs. In that case,
> it may make some sense to reserve more space for interrupt types than
> just one bit and use a common encoding scheme.

I think with an in-kernel GIC model you'd only need to be able to set
one of the (256 including internal-to-the-CPU inputs) GIC input lines;
the GIC itself then connects directly to the vcpu IRQ and FIQ.

So we could just have different semantics for the ioctl in the 'kernel
GIC model enabled' config, as you suggest.

-- PMM