On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 01:58:38PM +0100, Kevin Wolf wrote:
> Am 25.01.2012 17:00, schrieb Joerg Roedel:

> I just retried. I use kvm-kmod and kvm.git with HEAD at ff92e9b5 plus
> the tree patches of this series plus a printk to output exit_int_info in
> task_switch_intercept(). I ran taskswitch2 from kvm-unittests and got
> two failures and my VM86 unit test which hung when trying to return from
> VM86. I also ran the kernel that made me aware of the issue initially.
> All debug messages show exit_int_info = 0.

Okay, you are testing on a K8 which has exactly this bug. As I just
found out it is documented as erratum 701. The good news is that this
only happens on K8 and Fam11h, any later AMD processor doesn't have this
bug.

        Joerg

--
AMD Operating System Research Center

Advanced Micro Devices GmbH Einsteinring 24 85609 Dornach
General Managers: Alberto Bozzo
Registration: Dornach, Landkr. Muenchen; Registerger. Muenchen, HRB Nr. 43632