Hello,

I am attempting to test AHCI disks and find that I am unable to boot of
the disk, even though the disk is seen if I do a network boot.

This works:

-drive
file=/srv/kvm/debian.raw,if=virtio,cache=writeback,bus=0,index=0,media=disk,format=raw,serial=1,boot=on

This [1] does not:

-drive file=/srv/kvm/debian.raw,if=none,id=${AHCIID} \
-device ahci,id=${AHCIID} \
-device ide-hd,drive=${AHCIID},bus=${AHCIID}.0

The latter gives me : "Boot failed. Could not read the boot disk"

1. Should it work?
2. If so, what am I doing wrong? ;)

Any help much appreciated!

Conrad

[1]
http://wiki.qemu.org/ChangeLog/0.14#IDE_.2F_AHCI

--
Conrad Wood
(Deputy CTO, Head of Research & Innovations)

ProfitBricks GmbH
Greifswalder Str. 207
D - 10405 Berlin

Office:         +49 30 51 64 09 21
DDI:            +49 30 51 300 021
Email:          conrad.w...@profitbricks.com
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 125506 B.
Geschäftsführer: Andreas Gauger, Achim Weiss