On Tue, 28 Aug 2012 16:26:38 -0400, Ross Boylan <r...@biostat.ucsf.edu> wrote:

What do I need to so that the space will be recognized?

your partition table for hd{a,b} within the guest is also now wrong. the "correct" way to add more space is to add another disk and then use LVM inside the guest to add space to filesystems.

The other problem is that everything on the net refers to files that are
disk images; I'm not sure if the same procedures apply when a logical
volume is the underlying device.

Semantically there is no difference. The guest's view of the disks is going to be wrong no matter if the source is a file or LVM item.

--
Cloud Services Architect, Senior System Administrator
InfoRelay Online Systems (www.inforelay.com)