On 3 September 2012 13:33, Rusty Russell <ru...@rustcorp.com.au> wrote:
> I have no idea, since I didn't hear the complaints.  But any non-fixed
> size array has issues in C; there's not much we can do about it.
>
> x86 manages this fine for msrs, and I didn't have a problem using it for
> my test programs.  That's the limit of my experience, however.

Yes, I didn't particularly find the ioctls Rusty initially suggested
hard to use (apart from briefly getting confused between struct
kvm_msrs and struct kvm_msr_list; you could collapse those down
into one struct if you wanted I suppose). The nastiest problem
in the target-i386 qemu code that gets the MSR list is the fact
it has to work around some ancient kernel bug where the ioctl
would write beyond the end of the array...

-- PMM