On Thu, 2012-09-20 at 13:27 -0400, Etienne Martineau wrote:
> In hw/kvm/pci-assign.c a pread() error part of assigned_dev_pci_read()
> result in a hw_error(). Similarly a pwrite() error part of
> assigned_dev_pci_write() also result in a hw_error().
>
> Would there be a way to avoid terminating the guest for those cases? How
> about we deassign the device upon error?

By terminating the guest we contain the error vs allowing the guest to
continue running with invalid data.  De-assigning the device is
asynchronous and relies on guest involvement, so damage is potentially
already done.  Is this a theoretical problem or do you actually have
hardware that hits this?  Thanks,

Alex