On 01/17/2013 06:29:56 PM, Alexander Graf wrote:

On 18.01.2013, at 01:20, Alexander Graf wrote:

> On 18.01.2013, at 01:11, Scott Wood wrote:
>
>> It also seems like it would be cleaner to just invalidate the old entry >> in tlbwe, and then this function doesn't need to change at all. I am a
>> bit confused by how invalidation is currently operating

Well, this bit is obvious. It's done by kvmppc_e500_shadow_map when it calls kvmppc_e500_ref_release(), right?

Why it's not done explicitly though is a really good question :).

Yeah, I saw that but considered it (in combination with not reaching this function if the gtlbe is invalid, and with always preloading the host entry when the guest does tlbwe) to be why we're getting away with it rather than why it was done that way.

-Scott