On Feb 6, 2013, at 8:20 AM, Gleb Natapov wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 06:34:09PM -0800, Sanjay Lal wrote:
>> +static gpa_t kvm_trap_emul_gva_to_gpa_cb(gva_t gva)
>> +{
>> +    gpa_t gpa;
>> +    uint32_t kseg = KSEGX(gva);
>> +
>> +    if ((kseg == CKSEG0) || (kseg == CKSEG1))
> You seems to be using KVM_GUEST_KSEGX variants on gva in all other
> places. Why not here?

This function is invoked to handle 2 scenarios:
(1) Parse the boot code config tables setup by QEMU's Malta emulation. The
pointers in the tables are actual KSEG0 addresses (unmapped, cached) and not
Guest KSEG0 addresses.

(2) Handle I/O accesses by the guest.  On MIPS platforms, I/O device registers
are mapped into the KSEG1 address space (unmapped, uncached).  Again like (1)
these are actual KSEG1 addresses, which cause an exception and are passed onto
QEMU for I/O emulation.

Regards
Sanjay