On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 05:20:54PM +0200, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 01:39:03PM +0800, Asias He wrote:
> > Asias He (2):
> >   tcm_vhost: Introduce tcm_vhost_check_feature()
> >   tcm_vhost: Add hotplug/hotunplug support
>
> So this work should stay out of tree until we have
> 2 users for vhost-scsi, but I sent some comment to
> help you make progress.

Actually, I do not think the real reason you want to blcok/delay this
is that there is only one user. I believe the real reason is simply that
qemu is not using it. If there were already 2 users other than qemu
(qemu is still not using it), what would you say, you want 3 users of
this? Would you say the same 2 user thing, if a feature is only used by
qemu and other users are not using it?

Also, can you comment on Paolo's comment in the other thread.
"""
Il 19/03/2013 14:45, Michael S. Tsirkin ha scritto:
> On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 10:36:42AM +0100, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
>
>> Il 18/03/2013 22:53, Michael S. Tsirkin ha scritto:
>>
>>> Sorry, no, I'd prefer we get userspace support in qemu in first.
>>>
>>> If there's only a single user for this driver (kvmtool),
>>>
>>> then it was a mistake to merge it, the right thing would be to
>>> freeze it
>>> and look at whether we can drop it completely.
>>>

>> I'm still not sure why this matters for this patch, since it does not
>>
>> change the userspace ABI.
>>

> It enables a new feature bit.

How does that matter if userspace is not supposed to do anything special
with that bit?

Paolo
"""

--