On 2020-02-19 13:53, Stefan Agner wrote:
On 2020-02-10 15:13, Marc Zyngier wrote:
KVM/arm was merged just over 7 years ago, and has lived a very quiet
life so far. It mostly works if you're prepared to deal with its
limitations, it has been a good prototype for the arm64 version,
but it suffers a few problems:

- It is incomplete (no debug support, no PMU)
- It hasn't followed any of the architectural evolutions
- It has zero users (I don't count myself here)
- It is more and more getting in the way of new arm64 developments

So here it is: unless someone screams and shows that they rely on
KVM/arm to be maintained upsteam, I'll remove 32bit host support
form the tree. One of the reasons that makes me confident nobody is
using it is that I never receive *any* bug report. Yes, it is perfect.

Not entirely true:
https://lore.kernel.org/m/e2f7196ca6c70c55463a45b490f67...@agner.ch

And I thank you for that. This bug was actually hitting both arm and
arm64, and triggered by a bogus DT (that KVM should have handled in a
nicer way). What I was trying to say is that nobody reports bugs that
are specific to 32bit KVM/arm.

But, after that was fixed, it actually was perfect :-D
https://blog.printk.io/2016/09/kvm-with-kvmtool-on-armv7/

Hey, neat! not sure how useful, but neat nonetheless... ;-)

That said, I never used it in a real-world application, so from my side
removing it is fine.

Thanks,

        M.