2011/6/20 Andras Timar <ati...@novell.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I'm sorry for writing in English, unfortunately I don't know Spanish.

No problem, you will just need to suffer our English... :)

> I need your input regarding the status of Spanish dictionaries bundled
> with LibreOffice. Source is at
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/libs-extern-sys/tree/dictionaries/es_ES
>
> My questions:
> - Is it the latest version?
> - Is it really for all Spanish locales?

I think it's not the latest version. AFAIK, you can find the latest ES
dictionaries for all locales here:
http://forja.rediris.es/frs/?group_id=341&release_id=1000
es_ANY is a generic dictionary that's more or less useful for all
locales, while the others are more specific.
I know you did not ask for it, but anyway... the latest ES thesaurus
dictionary is here:
http://openthes-es.berlios.de/

> - Are you happy with the current situation or do you need an update /
> multiple dictionaries / whatever? :)

That's a difficult question that needs some debate, I think. The
"worst" part of the dictionary is the lack of some compound words: it
is quite common on Spanish (as on the other Latin languages) to
"attach" articles to the word they are modifying, and the actual
dictionary gives warnings on perfectly valid compound words... if you
use the Spanish version of the dummy text autotext you will see
several words underlined in red, but all of them are correct.
AFAIK (if I'm wrong, which is probable, please someone correct me),
the spell check engine used support the separation on "stems" and
"modifiers" to build compound words, but I think the Spanish
dictionaries are not updated to use that yet.
Cheers
Ricardo