Aivaras Stepukonis wrote:
Yes, I would expect the opposite, because it is the text that is being
wrapped through or in background. "Through" would mean straight through
the object, "in background" would mean constituting the background of
the object.

Then we have a misunderstading on terms. Look at the help and you will see that this is the expected behaviour. "Through" simply means that object and text will overlap (but with the object in front), "in background" is actually a modifier of "Through" if one wants to put the object in background.

In Italian, for clarity, we render "In background" as it if was "Trough transparent".

Regards,
  Andrea.