On 17/09/2013 Rob Weir wrote:
What is the procedure now for translating 4.0 release notes?  We
locked that wiki page to prevent accidental changes, right?  If so,
who can initialize new pages for translation?  Pedro wants to start
the Portuguese translation.

We didn't lock it. At least, I cannot see any active restrictions there now. We merely added explanations for translators (bottom of page).

So anybody should be allowed to create a child page and start a new translation (even though the attachments will not be available).

Christos created the mechanism Pedro was referring to, but I have never tried it. Maybe using Christos' mechanism solves the problem of having to reattach screenshots and so on. But it seems it was overwritten by the Finnish translation.

Regards,
  Andrea.