El 27/09/13 13:46, Marco A.G.Pinto escribió:
> Hello!
>
> Sorry for bringing this old subject, but I have been facing some
> dificulties improving the en_GB dictionary (at the moment for Mozilla).
> (...)
> Someone replied to this rule:
> *[^aeio][aeiou]b **
> **I'm not really familiar with the details of the .aff file, but I
> assume this is a regular-expression-like sequence, meaning that the
> letter before the "b" must be one of "aeiou", and the letter before
> THAT must be something OTHER than "aeio" (because this is a negated
> set, [^aeio]). **
> ****
> **So the two character sets in this rule correspond to the TWO letters
> preceding the "b"; they're not conflicting requirements for the SAME
> letter. **
> *
>
> Can Ricardo or someone help?

The answer is right, or at least I think the same.

I don't really know so much English grammar (or maybe I don't have
enough vocabulary on the top of my head) to be able to review that
suffix. If you do, you could try to find sample words for each line
and see if it has sense. For instance, the word "come" applies for the
very first line:

 SFX G e ing [^eioy]e

("come" ends with "e" and the letter before it is not an "e", "i", "o"
or "y") and it translates to remove the ending "e" (-> "com") and add
"ing" (-> "coming"), which is correct.

As the "ing" is used to build the gerund verb form, you should try to
find verbs complying each condition. You may try at:

  http://www.wordreference.com/

using an "*" followed by the intended ending. For instance, I didn't
know any verb ending in "oe" (the second line), but I wrote "*oe" and
I found the verb "hoe".

HTH

--
Ricardo Palomares (RickieES)