On 31/12/2013 Marco A.G.Pinto wrote:
Andrea, could you replace the old OXT with this one?

If I do so, a notification will go out to dozen of millions of OpenOffice users. So let's be sure about what we are doing. As I wrote, I generally update the dictionary just before a release, but we can make a try. Or you can. Read more below.

I have shared it on my Dropbox public folder:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30674540/dict-en-marcoagpinto-20140101.oxt

The file README_en_GB.txt is not OK: we need to keep its existing content. Just add your notes above or below the existing content, but do not remove attribution and references (so, to be safe, do not remove anything, just add!). So the current release is not OK, but the fix is easy.

I noticed that my OXT became around 500 kB smaller than the old one.
Maybe before it was not used maximum ZIP compression?

Yes, extracted contents are identical. But with DeflateX the compressed size of the largest file, th_en_US_v2.dat, is 250K smaller in your OXT file, compared to my DeflateN version.

Now, this works for OpenOffice but it would be good to see if the ODF standard allows DeflateX as a compression method... Please read
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/openoffice-users/201306.mbox/%3ccap-ksoj7ima4hjozqehmn0fb4ryqbqewzso3fnk-i6k62g_...@mail.gmail.com%3E
(everything, including quoted messages) and let's try to understand it. I see that the only compression method allowed by the standard is "deflated" (since "stored" is not really a compression). Zipinfo returns "deflated" for both my and your OXT file, so I believe it's OK to use DeflateX, even if this remains a bit unclear.

Also, may I be given committer rights so that in future updates I can do
it myself without bothering everyone?

It's not "committer rights", it's ownership of the extension. As I already wrote, please register for the Extensions website http://extensions.openoffice.org/ , send us (or me) your username and I will have the extension reassigned, so that you will be able to make releases. Again, please always test your extension thoroughly and try to align it with the OpenOffice releases to minimize the confusion to users. But we can aim at making an update available in January, to test the new setup.

Also, can someone make the speller also available to LO users?

As I wrote, I only maintain the Italian dictionary in that case and I don't know how the English dictionary is maintained. So I can't be of help here.

Regards,
  Andrea.