Marco A.G.Pinto wrote:
I pressed the "PUBLISH" button in the "English Dictionaries" but the new
version, 2014-01-01, doesn't appear in replacement of the old one.

Good! I'm happy that we have a new maintainer for it. As for the "Unpublished" status, I think it's unrelated. Probably you edited the extension description (not the release; the main extension description) and this triggered an anti-spam filter.

*This extension is currently not published, please contact the system
administrator at aooad...@users.sourceforge.net to have it published."*
What shall I do? I am sending an e-mail anyway.

If you already did what you were instructed to do, it's OK and you just need to wait. Then, when the extension is republished, you will still have to wait a few days (so it's normal that you see "no updates available"), then OpenOffice users will get notified of the new version.

Should I update Apache's dictionary every month or only at a certain pace?

I recommend that you check that everything works this time, and make the next update shortly before it can be integrated into OpenOffice 4.1.0 and publish it a few days after OpenOffice 4.1.0. This is what I did with 4.0.1.

Regards,
  Andrea.