On Wed, Nov 26, 2003 at 10:03:27AM +1100, Alex Satrapa wrote:

> Can you provide the output of "tcpdump -i <interface> -v -x -X -s 1500
[...]
> Email the (compressed!) output to me directly, and I'll try to replicate
> the situation at my place (Linux + Mac OS X 10.3) to see if I can
> identify the problem.

Thanks very much for the offer, but I managed to figure it out (much to
my chagrin.)  As I set up a temporary solution with pptp yesterday after
running into the problem I described here, I discovered that my fbsd
kernel lacked, uh, ppp support.  Ahem.  Coulda sworn that was in there.

Anyway, a rebuild later and it all works quite nicely.  Sorry to bother
you all, and thanks for your work on l2tpd. :-)

-brian