Yes, it does!
No problems.

Perhaps it was FreeS/WAN that closed the connection? Check the logs.

I can't find any sign, that freeswan is closing the connection.

Could you send me your configuration files, i.e. the FreeS/WAN .conf files, l2tpd.conf and options.l2tpd. And the relevant parts from your logfiles (i.e. /var/log/messages, /var/log/secure, assuming that Debian has these).

Yes, I use your tarball with the patches included as descriped in your documentation.

Note that it contains two patches that are mutually exclusive:

# SysV style pty allocation patch from Debian (modified)
# (http://www.l2tpd.org/patches/pty.patch)
Patch0:         l2tpd-pty.patch.bz2
# Alternative pty patch by Chris Wilson
Patch4:         l2tpd-pty.patch2.bz2

You will have to try which one works best for you. I am
using the second one myself.

Jacco
--
Jacco de Leeuw                        mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Zaandam, The Netherlands          http://www.jacco2.dds.nl