On Wed Jan 23, 2008 at 15:04:33 +0100, Marc CHALAND wrote:
> Here is some more info about this log :
> Each time this log appears, the state of the thread into jdb is, for example :
>
> 17.0d  (deleted)        a0      17.01     rcv,ipc_progr
>
> Backtrace of each thread is mainly :
> l4rm_detach
> l4th_pages_free
> __do_cleanup_and_block
>
> We observed one thread with the following backtrace :
> __modify_region
> l4rm_detach
> l4th_pages_free
> __do_cleanup_and_block
>
> If I understand, the thread is quite dead but it still tries to do
> semaphore, isn't it ?

No, the thread is still alive, the '(deleted)' just means that it has
already been unregistered at the name service. Actually, the thread will
also not go away, it will just sleep. So it is basically always there.
Could you verify the theory that the threadlib has some strange state at
that time? So basically that l4thread_get_prio is returning -L4_EINVAL
and then what the value of l4th_tcbs[thread].state in l4th_tcb_get is
(include/__tcb.h).

Adam
--
Adam                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]