On 31/07/2020 01:23, Paul Boddie wrote:
And if I look in the objdump output, at least on some occasions, I can find an
instruction which would be causing the exception. The code looks like this:

  100490f:       49 8b 04 24             mov    (%r12),%rax
  1004913:       4c 89 ee                mov    %r13,%rsi
  1004916:       31 d2                   xor    %edx,%edx
  1004918:       4c 89 e7                mov    %r12,%rdi
  100491b:       ff 50 70                callq  *0x70(%rax)

It is at this final instruction that the exception occurs, and the offset is
as reported, too.

The awkward thing here, though, is that the offending instruction is a virtual
method call within the same instance:

this->flush_flexpage(flexpage);

This looks like a pointer to an object is null.

Is there any chance that the method containing the "this->flush_flexpage(flexpage);" is a method, that is not virtual? And that you invoked the method on a pointer to an object and that the pointer is a nullptr? A simple test whether "this" is null could shed some light on this ...

best regards,
Jean

--
jean.wol...@kernkonzept.com - Tel. 0351-41 888 618
http://www.kernkonzept.com

Kernkonzept GmbH.  Sitz: Dresden.  Amtsgericht Dresden, HRB 31129.
Geschäftsführer: Dr.-Ing. Michael Hohmuth