On Friday, 12 May 2023 01:23:14 CEST Paul Boddie wrote:

> Reviewing my previous concern about caching issues and inconsistencies
> between memory regions, I think that the incorrect EntryLo1 value was
> causing confusion about where data was being copied. Indeed, having fixed
> this value, I can use KSEG0 addresses when initially moving modules and
> then KUSEG addresses when moving them into their final positions.

Actually, I have to refine this explanation. Even if I fix up the EntryLo1
value to set up an identity mapping for two adjacent 16MB pages at the base of
KUSEG, I find that if ERL is set, there is some kind of caching or addressing
issue for the executable part of the kernel payload (as originally described),
whereas without ERL being set, that issue goes away.

Paul