Hello to all L4-Hackers out there,

I'm currently investigating the pthread Implementation used in L4Re for an university project. To me it seems, that it's using Linuxthreads as pthread implementation of the uClibc. Regarding this I got two questions, of which I would be very happy, if someone could answer them:

1) Is there a technical reason for L4Re still using the Linuxthreads implementation and not some kind of NPTL port or other implementations?

2) What uClibc is used exactly? Do you manage your own fork of uClibc and back port relevant patches of uClibc-ng? Or do you use a uClibc-ng with additional L4 patches? Or some completely other version? It seems that the uClibc version used diverged in 2014 from the original. This seems relevant to me as I wanted to check, which changes were done to make the uClibc work with L4 (in an attempt to generate some kind of a diff), so I might port them to another libc implementation.

In my project I would like to replace Linuxthreads with some other pthreads implementation and measure the performance impacts of these changes, so the aforementioned questions seem relevant to me.

Thanks in advance for you time!

Kind regards,

Pascal