My name is Hank Ramey.

I have been a paralegal since 1989.

I have filed cases before at the Civil Courthouse.

My phone is (951) 712-6401. (Cell, please keep it short.)

My e-mail is also at doeramey at sbcglobal.net.

--- In laamn@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> FREE LEE PETERS!
>
>       On April 20, 2005, Lee Peters was taken into custody at Los
Angeles
> Superior Court by the case worker for a temporary conservator, and
was
> placed in an assisted living facility.  This action occurred
against Lee’s
> will, as she wishes to remain living in her own home of 48 years.
>
>       For the past 8 years, Lee’s son Casey Peters has been her
constant
> companion and care provider, helping his mother cope with
dementia,
> encroaching blindness, and partial deafness.  Casey and his wife
Marilyn
> will happily continue their individualized care for Lee if
permitted to do
> so.
>
>       However, the new judge in this case ignored the previous
Order and
> Stipulation that protected Lee’s right to live at home, and
ignored
> Probate Code provisions that protect her right to remain in her
own home.
> No evidence of any kind was introduced that even hinted that Lee
was
> receiving anything but the very best of care.  Yet, the baseless
assertion
> of a lawyer that “The time has come to institutionalize Lee
Peters”
> persuaded the judge who ignored recent reports that Lee was doing
well at
> home, including medical and psychiatric records, a Home Safety
Assessment,
> an “Aging in Place” architectural assessment, and the report
of the
> court’s own Probate Investigator.
>
>       Now that she is institutionalized, Lee is refusing to eat
much and her
> formerly excellent health is quickly slipping.  Instead of the
varied
> activities she enjoyed with Marilyn and Casey, she is left to sit
in the
> “TV room” most of the day.  This does not provide the mental
stimulation
> and physical activity that Lee is accustomed to, and is a sudden
decline in
> her quality of life.
>
>       Casey and Marilyn are engaged in a legal battle to return
Lee to her own
> home.  Here is how you can help:
>
> 1) Write a letter from your point of view about Lee Peters’
quality of
> life, personality, interaction with others, and her still-sharp
sense of
> humor.  Focus on the relationship between Lee and Casey, and her
dependence
> upon the support he provides for her.  If you have been to Lee’s
home,
> please note how she welcomed you and how she knows her way around
her home.
> Do NOT mention politics, as the judge is reactionary and
authoritarian.
> Please address the letter to Los Angeles Superior Court, and
either email it
> to [EMAIL PROTECTED] or send it to 446 South Van Ness Avenue, Los
> Angeles CA 90020.
>
> 2) Come meet our proposed conservator, Maureen McGrath, who is a
family
> friend with conservatorship experience.  Maureen has pledged to
allow Lee to
> remain in her own home as long as it is physically and financially
possible.
> Meet Maureen, and sign a petition to support her nomination, at an
open
> house at Lee’s home, and see Lee’s new downstairs bedroom-
bathroom
> suite, at 446 South Van Ness Avenue in the mid-Wilshire area, just
north of
> 5th Street, 5 blocks west of Western Avenue.  Join us for
refreshments and
> conversation on Saturday, May 7th from 3 to 9 p.m.  If another
time or date
> is better for you, please call Casey or Marilyn at (213) 385-2786.
>
> 3) Come to court to view the hearings on Monday May 16th at 11
a.m.
> (Conservatorship hearing) and Thursday May 19th at 10:15 a.m.
> (Reconsideration of Placement Order).  The courtroom is Department
11, in
> room 246 on the 2nd floor of Los Angeles Superior Court, 111 North
Hill St.,
> downtown near the Metro Red Line Civic Center Station.  Please
dress
> conservatively and act respectfully.
>
> 4) Provide legal and logistical assistance.  Casey and Marilyn
have been
> working In Pro Per for a year on this case.  We may need to take
this to
> appellate court.  Funds for hiring a lawyer are limited as Casey
has been
> working for his mother for the past 8 years for room and board and
> $200/month stipend.  This is a labor of love to save a very
special person.

> 5) Help publicize Lee’s plight.  There are many fascinating
aspects to
> this case, including charges of forgery, grand theft, perjury and
elder
> abuse against former trustees of the Lee Peters Trust.  They are
still
> walking free while Lee has been institutionalized.  Lee’s own
background
> as a manager of child actors and key costumer for such shows as
Charlie’s
> Angels and the Love Boat, her service in the Signal Corps in World
War Two
> and her growing up the child of a coal miner turned union
organizer, adds
> human interest to this heart-rending situation.
>
> 6) Help build a website.  Lots of information about this case and
about
> Lee’s life is ready to upload, and we have the domain name
> www.leepeters.net  We need someone with the time and expertise to
get a site
> up and running.
>

> Thank you for your kind support.

Take a look at donorschoose.org, an excellent charitable web site for
anyone who cares about public education!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/O.5XsA/8WnJAA/E2hLAA/7gSolB/TM
Subscribe: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Digest: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Help: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>