From: Stanley Goff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Kulturkampf & the Horowitz List
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2005 09:05:57 -0500

Holiday Update to the FERAL SCHOLAR ALERT LIST

For those of you who haven't seen it, Lila Rajiva has done an expose of
David Horowitz's latest effort in his anti-left, anti-woman, anti-gay,
xenophobic, anti-Muslim, anti-Black Kulturkampf.  Her piece is at
http://www.counterpunch.org/rajiva12242005.html .

Horowitz's weird site is at http://www.discoverthenetwork.org/default.asp .

Here is my end-of-year suggestion.  Review the site to see if it has your
name listed (mine is, under "anti-war").  This is tricky, becasue the site
divides the specific cultural menaces we represent, in the section for
"Individuals" (http://www.discoverthenetwork.org/individual.asp), into the
following categories:

ANTI-ISRAEL
ANTI-PATRIOT ACT
ANTI-WAR
CIVIL LIBERTIES
CIVIL RIGHTS
ENTERTAINMENT ARTS
ENVIRONMENTAL / ANIMAL RIGHTS
FEMINIST
HUMAN RIGHTS
IMMIGRATION
MUSLIM
NGO
POLITICAL
RADICAL
RELIGIOUS LEFT
SOCIAL JUSTICE
TERRORIST
UNION

While many of us could claim several categories, Horowitz's web site
designers only let each individual subversive have one category.  So you
may have to search to find your name, whereupon you can click your name for
a bio.  My bio was riddled with errors, but it was there.
They crib the bios from anything unflattering they can find on the internet.

ACTION:  If your name is NOT among those listed on Horowitz's site, which I
believe can eventually be used as a resource to find speakers and allies,
DEMAND THAT THE SITE INCLUDE YOUR NAME, TOO.  You can make this demand at
the site's comment section -- http://www.discoverthenetwork.org/contact.asp .

SAMPLE MESSAGE:

Dear Discover the Network dot org:

As a charter member of The Network of subversives you are "exposing" so
Horowitz can pimp for cash by parlaying ignorance and hatred, I am deeply
offended that you have not included my name on this list of your official
enemies.  Many of us are now convinced that, with proper management, your
list could serve as a valuable resource for people seeking collaboration
and alliances with anyone who opposes the weird agenda of David Horowitz,
Lynn Cheney, and their ilk.

I demand that you include my name immediately, and I am enclosing my bio.

Thank you.

********************
Feral Scholar is technically a "blog," but it is also an education,
community-building, and organizing site.  Support the site at
http://stangoff.com (click "Support this site" in the upper-right-hand corner).

Thanks, and happy hoolidays.

Stan Goff

$15 provides a child with safe, clean water. Your gift can make a difference.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/LSmZ0B/icGMAA/E2hLAA/7gSolB/TM
Subscribe: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Digest: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Help: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>