March 16, 2006

A Letter from Benjamin Melançon

Dear Readers,

$1,429.45 in my own bank account will not keep Narco News running
full power for long.  It will not keep the Other Journalism with the
Other Campaign in food and fuel for much time at all.  Added to the
$700 left in the Fund account from the contributions by the many
remarkable donors among you (some still waiting for me to get our
"Chew On This" and "Gringothon" DVDs to them), it will do something.
But alone - not enough.

I try to think of people I know to ask for money to support these
bulletins from Latin America - but in the end, there's no one to ask
but you the readers.  Maybe some of you, like me, haven't been able
to read all of every report from South America, Mexico, and north of
the border, too.  But we are the readers.  We know the reporting is
good.  We know what's reported is important.  We know it's not free.
I do not decide what gets first funding with your dollars, pesos, and
occasional troy ounce of silver - I just collect and pass on - but it
doesn't take any insider knowledge to figure out what can't be done
if the money isn't there.

So I ask every reader to be as generous with his or her money as you
all are with your time.  I ask all of you, whether you can spare
money or not, to tell other people about Narco News, because the
authentic journalists who work and often donate their time for Narco
News do so not for their own amusement but in order to inform the
widest audience of people possible.  (Anyone interested in helping to
promote the Narco News Bulletin in a systematic way, please  contact
me with ideas or offers.)

Make an online donation here:

http://www.authenticjournalism.org/

Or send a check to:

The Fund for Authentic Journalism
P.O. Box 241
Natick, Massachusetts 01760

To sustain the increased level of reporting, we the readers of Narco
News need to come up with more funding, from ourselves and from
increasing awareness of this source of authentic news from Latin
America.  I'm giving what I have.  What level we reach is up to all
of us.

Benjamin Melançon
Interim Co-ordinator
The Fund for Authentic Journalism, Inc.






Yahoo! Groups Links



  



---------------------------------------------------------------------------
LAAMN: Los Angeles Alternative Media Network
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unsubscribe: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subscribe: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Digest: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Archive1: <http://www.egroups.com/messages/laamn>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Archive2: <http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/laamn/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to